Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Beachy Keen Chairs


I adore vintage metal beach chairs!Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em. I remember years ago the front lawn of our cottage was lined with red ones. They were funky, sturdy and made a certain noise when you sat down. Or maybe that noise was the YELP I made upon sitting! Those dang things got stinkin' hot!! Even though two massive trees created a shaded canopy above, somehow a few threads of the suns rays would make their way through the leaves, resulting in a lasting impression on any unassuming back end when they would plop down! Ummm, metal chairs & the hot sun equals third degree burns for sure. Why do I comb antique stores, garage sales and estate sales for one of these torturous cathedras? Why, beautiful memories of course! Listen, a little scorch isn't going to ruin a person for life! These beauties are icons of my families past, symbols of our beachy homestead present. We love them so much we had to include one on our logo. I am on a mission to have a yard full of them, just like our cottage. Once accomplished, I will courageously sit on scalding hot metal, with cold beverage in hand reliving some of my favorite moments from childhood. (I can picture my Dad, Aunts and Uncles discussing everything casually and wondering what the rest of the world was doing as they sat overlooking paradise). For that, I'd take that risk....actually, I'll probably buy darling little cushions, my pain threshold has reduced drastically since I've gotten a tad older. Cheers to the beachy keen chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment