Friday, June 25, 2010

Beachy Keen Outfits.


My advice to you today, is dig through your old photos. Inspiration awaits.
I had the most enjoyable day yesterday. It was spent with my mother. We blasted the music of Ronan Tynan and Luciano Pavarati throughout the house (and probably the neighborhood) while digging through baskets, bins and albums of old pictures. I came across this little gem. I love it so much! It's my grandmother (my Mom's mom). As sun sensitive as she was she still managed to be super fashionable on the beach! This one piece,breezy ensemble was very popular in the late 30's. They referred to them as beach pajama's!!!! How stinkin' cute is that? I want beach pajama's! I'm bringing them back in vogue!!!

The other thing that just kills me about this pic is the fact that Gram is wearing heels. Check her out! I'm calling them beach slippers....I mean, it's a no brain-er! Perhaps some clever young up and coming designer will come across my blog, see this pic and get inspired. If so, all I ask is for is the first pair. Actually, after I publish this post, I'm going to dig through my closet to find the most darling dressy pj's I own, I'm putting on said re-purpossed sleepwear, and I'm heading down to the beach. Beach glass collecting is calling, and to do it in pj's...? Sweet joy, dreams do come true!

If re-purposed sleepwear isn't your thing, try modcloth.com, they have the cutest retro inspired swim wear, anthropology has some darling poolside numbers too. Either way, it's all beachy keen!

No comments:

Post a Comment